Well, estimates are that anywhere from 75%-90% of the information on the Internet is part of the INVISIBLE WEB, or parts of the Internet that Search Engines can’t reach. This includes (but is definitely not limited to) Intranets, Library Catalogs, Forums, Password protected SItes and Databases! To learn more, watch the Xtranormal Visible vs. Invisible Web animation.
To maximize the effectiveness of our research, we need to utilize the parts of the invisible web available to us. LIS students and staff can start with the LIS Research Portal, a password-protected page with all of the secondary library resources.
Check out these Introductory Slides on two of our databases.
Get Started with Junior Reference Collection.
- Explore JRC’s Help Section with FAQs, Search Tips and more
- Get your Digital Fingers Dirty with this JRC Exploration Guide
Dive into Student Resources in Context.
- Watch these training videos:
- Get your Digital Fingers Dirty with this SRC Exploration Guide
- Use these Student Resources in Context Search Tips to improve your searching
If you need help using these resources, see your librarian.