The coolest ASA in school for term 3 is the Kindle Connection, LIS’s very own eBook Club! For our first meeting, you will have a “book tasting” where you explore several different samples to decide which book you will read first this semester.
Your choices are:
Artmeis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld
When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead
Out of My Mind by Sharon M. Draper
Before you make your decision, read the descriptions above, watch the book trailers below and explore the samples on your Kindles.
Book Tasting Selection
Language Week is back! What will you participate in?
Today’s Tech Tuesday is a workshop on editing your iMovie once you’ve imported all of your content. Use these tutorials to rock your iMovie.
Business Casual Fancy
- Enjoying and Organizing Your Video – Learn how to skim through your event library, preview videos full-screen with coverflow, and organize your footage to make it easy to browse and review.
- Adding Transitions Between Video Clips – Use transitions to move between scenes with effects such as ripple, mosaic, or page curl.
- Adding Titles to your iMovie – Add professional-looking titles and closing credits to your video. You can even customize title text by choosing the font style, size and color.
- Trimming Edits Between Video Clips – Fine-tune your video images and audio with iMovie’s advanced editing tools to create professional-looking movies.
Suit and Tie Fancy
- Add Animated Travel Maps – Choose from a number of animated globes and maps to enhance your travel video.
- Stabilize Shaky Video – Even if you shot your movie on a rutted road, you can easily get rid of the bounce and smooth the image for better viewing.
- Crop, Resize or Rotate your Video Clips – Easily reframe your movie by cropping, resizing, or rotating video clips.
- Add Video Effects – Set the mood and tone of your movie by applying one of many video effects, such as aged film, cartoon, vignette, dream, sepia, or X-ray.
- Adding Theme Titles and Transitions – Add animated titles and graphical transitions to give your themed project a professional look.
Tux and Tails Fancy
- Create Picture-in-Picture Effects – Nest one video clip inside another with this advanced tool. Use the Picture-in-Picture effect to show someone narrating the action or to present two different scenes taking place at the same time.
- Slow Down, Speed Up, and Reverse your Video – Create fun effects by changing the speed and direction of your video.
- Adding Sound Effects and Other Video – Bring your movie to life by adding audio from the iLife Sound Effects library.
- Add Background Music to your iMovie – Customize your videos with background music. Use songs from your iTunes library or choose sound effects and music from the iLife Sound Effects library.
- Record a Voiceover – Easily record a voiceover and add narration or commentary to your video.
What else do you want to know how to do? Ask your iMovie question as a comment on this post.
Are you interested in going to university in the States? Have you considered Vanderbilt University? Vanderbilt University’s admissions office will be visiting LIS via Skype on Tuesday August 28th from 3-4 p.m. in the secondary library. They will talk about how to get ahead in the admissions process and programs offered at Vanderbilt. If you would like more information about Vanderbilt University, register by clicking here and they will send you electronic materials prior to their visit.
Consistently ranked among the top 20 universities in the United States according to U.S. News and World Report, Vanderbilt University is a medium-sized, private institution that firmly believes in a liberal arts education for undergraduate students. For more information related to international admissions at Vanderbilt, please visit their International Students page.
We’re on Tumblr!
This year the LIS Library will be participating in a 180 photography project. The premise is simple: document the school year in the library by taking one photo every school day and post it to a blog. I’ve chosen Tumblr as our medium.
Want to participate? Come see M.s Katy Vance in the secondary library. We would love to share your 180 submissions on the LIS Library 180 tumblr.
Visit our LIS Library Tumblr and check out the first few days.
Thanks you for visiting Luanda International School’s Secondary Library. Please take some time to explore our online space.
Want to schedule time in the secondary library? Visit our Library Schedule!
Looking for something good to read? Check out our Reading page.
Trying to do some research for a project? Visit our Research page.
General questions about the library or our policies? Welcome & Bem Vindo!
If you have any other questions, please contact Ms. Katy Vance or Ms. Rita Loveland.