Choose the Best Search for your Information Need – Visit this blog post from NoodleTools about all the different subject specific search engines you can use.
Search Better with Keywords and Search Terms
- How Search Works – Google Video about how searching the web actually works
- Developing Keywords Tutorial – Short video from Johnson and Wales University on selecting appropriate keywords
- Search Term Map – Use this outline to brainstorm keywords and search terms, including synonyms, related topics, broader terms, narrower terms, related words or people
Wikipedia as a Research Tool
Wikipedia 101 – This LibGuide teaches you how to use Wikipedia as an effective research tool and a stepping stone rather than your sole source of information. Make time for:
- CLIP video on Using Wikipedia for Academic Research
- Navigating Wikipedia and Wikipedia Articles Wisely
- Evaluating Wikipedia Articles: A Checklist
Using the C.R.A.A.P. method, which of these sites is better for a project on Martin Luther King Jr.?
- The Martin Luther King Jr. Research and Education Institute
- Martin Luther King: A True Historical Examination
Using the C.R.A.A.P. method, what is the purpose of each of these websites?
Using your Search term map and your C.R.A.A.P. approach, find at least two reliable resources related to your topic.